Who loves the occasional sweet treat? Guilty! At Coffee not Coffee we've been trialing and testing refined sugar-free snacks for years. And now we're sharing our TOP TEN recipe finds with you!
1. We have to start off with our very own Hot Cacao Superblend! We have created a sugar-free hot chocolate drink made from organic cacao combined with superfoods such as goji berry, mangosteen, cinnamon, green tea and a touch of natural sweetener. It's the perfect 3pm or after dinner fix! For something EXTRA indulgent try it with frothy coconut milk with some toasted coconut flakes on top.
2. This Sugar Free, Dairy Free Banana Bread is the BOMB! It is soooo easy to make and actually tastes like a moist banana cake. We found this recipe a while ago via the Training For Chocolate blog and have been making it weekly since. And for mums, it's great for the little people as well. (Image via @bodyclarity)
3. We've been whipping up Kate Ritchie's Bliss Balls via the Show and Tell website for YEARS! After many creations our tips are to replace the figs with a full cup of medjool dates and for the nuts use 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup cashews. Also add a heaped tablespoon of an all natural vanilla protein powder. These not only satisfy the sweet tooth but are also great for a post workout fuel.
4. Kayla Itsines is a cult figure in the health and fitness industry so it's no surprise she knows how to make a killer Healthy French Toast! Make this french toast as a small snack or beef it up for a satisfying breakfast.
5. Vegans sure know how to make a delicious raw slice! And this Raw Vegan Zesty Lemon Slice tops the lot. Made by The Minimalist Vegan, its rich, creamy and zesty flavours will make your taste buds melt!
6. The Brown Paper Bag had us at Raw Snickers Bar! This rich, gooey, crunchy, nutty delight is a MUST for another chocolate lover. It's an easy recipe and you get your sweet fix from just a small amount so it lasts ages in the fridge!
8. These little balls of bite sized heaven will make you the most popular kid on the block! Wholefood Simply has absolutely nailed the flavours in these Caramel Cheesecake Bliss Balls. Their rich indulgent taste makes it hard to believe they're refined sugar free! Try coating them in a chocolate made from cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup.
10. It wouldn't be a Top 10 Sugar-Free Snack list without a feature on our favourite cheesecake by the IQS Queen herself, Sarah Wilson. There's no need to wait until Christmas to try this Christmas Berry Swirl Cheesecake! Whip one up and keep it in the fridge to conquer your after dinner sweet cravings. You can also change up the flavour by replacing the raspberries with blueberries, lime or even mango!
*All images are from relevant linked websites.